photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 kg green shrimp, peeled and deveined
- bamboo skewer (soaked in cold water to prevent burning)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemons or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Combine all the ingredients except prawns and bamboo skewers to make a marinade.
- Mix prawns into the marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread 4 prawns onto each skewer and barbecue over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Serve with salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a legend u r! I had to use crushed chilli as my kids can't have the sugar that's in the chilli sauce. The ingredients blended in so well together and I ended up having to eat the sausages we put on for the kids cause they ate all my prawns as well as their own :P Thanks for this recipe!!! Go the Aussies :)
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a passion for healthy and simple dishes with lots of vegetables, although I love a treat every now and again also, especially ice cream!