Barbecue Dry Rub
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat peppercorns, coriander seeds, cloves, and mustard seed in a small dry skillet over medium heat, swirling pan gently, until they become fragrant; remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Grind peppercorns, coriander seeds, cloves, and mustard seeds to a powder in a mortar or spice mill; pour mixture into a small bowl, and add other ingredients, mixing well.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To use: rub mixture on meats or ribs at least 15 minutes before cooking, and leave at room temperature.
- Can coat and leave refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com