Bananas Foster Pastry
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread defrosted pastry sheet on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minute or until golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- Slice bananas into 1/4" discs.
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, rum, butter, lemon juice and cinnamon in skillet over low heat. Bring mixture to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minute. Remove from heat, then add bananas and toss to coat.
- Mix sour cream and remaining brown sugar. Spoon banana mixture over cooled pastry. Top with sour cream mixture. Cut into wedges and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I are pastors who work with college students and young adults and we absolutely love it! The students are my "kids" and constantly teach me new things and keep my life interesting. I have posted many recipes here at their behest. Sometimes I think they just love me 'cause they know that can come over and get a fresh homecooked meal -a great break from their sketchy college cafeteria food! I grew up in a beautiful, loud, fun, albeit slightly crazy, Spanish-Italian family where cooking is not just about putting food on the table -it is an art. An intense, passionate art of carefully guarded secret recipes. So cooking is in my blood and I enjoy it immensely. I love having dinner parties just so I can whip up fancy new recipes. And the college students are always happy to be my guests!