Bananas Foster Cheesecake Squares
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2 cups Nilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract or 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 25 caramels, unwrapped (1/2 of a 14 oz package)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- For the crust: Mix crumbs, pecans, butter and sugar. Press onto bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- For the filling: Mix cream cheese, sugar and rum extract with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. Stir in mashed banana. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- For the topping: Toss bananas with lemon juice; arrange over cheesecake. Microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on High 2 minutes; stir until smooth (add a teaspoon or so more if too thick). Drizzle evenly over cheesecake. Sprinkle with pecan halves. Cut into squares. Refrigerate any leftover cheesecake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!"
Join The Conversation