photo by AdeleProvence
- Ready In:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 large ripe bananas, about two cups mashed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl mash bananas.
- Add in brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, honey, almond extract, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll out the refrigerated pie crust on a large flat surface.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the crust out thinner. Thinner is better as it gives you more crust to gather into the center of each pastry.
- Cut the pie crust into triangular quarters using a sharp knife.
- Place the quarters onto a non-stick cooking sheet (sprayed with cooking spray if needed).
- Spoon a quarter of the banana mixture onto the center of each crust wedge.
- Gather the corners of each wedge in the center. Then gather, the new corners into the middle as well to create the rounded dumpling shape. Press the gathered corners down onto the middle of the dumpling.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 425 F or until pastry begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove pastries from oven and allow to cool.
- Dust pastries with powdered sugar and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!