Banana Cream Pie Deluxe
- Ready In:
- Prepare a 9 or 9 1/2 -inch baked pie shell.
- Mix, in a saucepan, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, untl mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir half of hot mixture into the slightly beaten egg yolks. Blend this into hot mixture in saucepan, Return to heat. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens to desired consistency. Remove from heat. Blend in 1 tablespoons butter and vanilla; cool.
- Arrange a layer of sliced bananas 1/2 -inch deep in pastry shell before pouring in cooled filling.
- Top with meringue. Bake at 400F until meringue is delicately browned, 8-10 mintues. Cool at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.