Baked Stuffed Yellow Squash Boats
photo by Douglas Poe
- Ready In:
- 4 yellow squash
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning (basil, oregano) or 3 tablespoons fresh herbs (basil, oregano)
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 2 cups japanese style panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut yellow squash in half lengthwise.
- With a spoon, scrape flesh and seeds of squash into a large bowl, making boats.
- In a pan sauté onion and garlic over medium heat with a dash of olive oil.
- Add the squash that was removed from the boats and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook until almost soft (around 7 minutes).
- When squash is almost soft, remove from heat and mix in bowl with 1 egg, breadcrumbs, herbs and parmesan cheese.
- Scoop stuffing mixture into boats and fill evenly.
- Sprinkle the top of the stuffed boats with extra parmesan cheese.
- Cook in pre-heated oven (400 degrees) until boats are crisp tender and golden brown on top (around 10 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!