Baked Salsa Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 cups tomatoes or 5 large tomatoes
- 1 cup onions or 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons garlic cloves or 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 cups avocados or 3 avocados
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 lb chicken breast
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop tomatoes, onion, garlic, avocado, cilantro and chives.
- In a prep bowl mix chopped veggies with lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Grease 13x9-inch glass baking dish with olive oil or butter.
- Evenly lay uncooked rice in bottom of baking dish.
- Place chicken breast on top of rice.
- Pour chicken stock over chicken and rice.
- Spoon salsa mixture on top of chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a novice getting some help from a GREAT friend. She suggested (and started) my recipezaar membership to help my husband and I with our healthy eating! It's working! Today, we actually bought some cook books! Hopefully we'll be testing, improving and posting our favorite recipes! ThanksT!