Baked Salmon Provencale
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 4 salmon steaks (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup plum tomato, coarsely chopped
- 9 Greek olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 3⁄4 cups white wine
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1 teaspoon herbal salt substitute (Mrs. Dash)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and pat dry salmon steaks.
- Heat butter and oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute salmon briefly on each side about 1 minute. Remove salmon to a platter.
- Add saffron, garlic, tarragon, thyme, sage, bay leaves, tomatoes, olives, wine, fish stock, and salt substitute. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Add salmon steaks. Remove pan from heat and place in oven. Bake until salmon is lightly pink and done to taste (about 10 minutes).
- To serve, place salmon steaks on platter. Remove bay leaves from sauce and spoon sauce over salmon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.