Baked Ricotta With Lemon, Garlic, & Chives
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ounce fresh chives, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 375°F Lightly grease a 1/2- to 1-quart gratin dish or baking pan.
- Mix the ricotta, lemon juice and zest, garlic, chives, and salt, and a generous quantity of fresh black pepper. Spread in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. (At this point you can cover and refrigerate the ricotta overnight, if desired.)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. Drizzle again with olive oil. Serve immediately with crackers for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made as written for the Sweet December event. This is a tasty & easy-fix. I do think it can be served hot or cold. I added extra garlic & chose a different presentation. I served it w/flatbread made for another game & glazed ham (also made for the Sweet December event). I will prob serve it cold or reduce the amt of lemon juice next time as it tended to separate from the mixture when heated. Thx for sharing this delicious recipe w/us.