Baked Rice Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 1min
2 hungry people
- 1 ounce short round rice
- 1 pint milk (whole fat unskimmed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Rinse the rice.
- In an ovenproof dish mix the ingredients except the butter.
- Place the knob of butter in the centre of the dish and sprinkle a tiny bit of cinnamon.
- Cook on middle shelf on a low heat for 1 hour.
- Stir halfway through.
- Serve with golden syrup, maple syrup, jam, or honey.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I hate to admit this but I've had this recipe in my cookbook ever since it was first posted. I just never tried it before now. I wish I had tried it immediately s that I could have been enjoying it all this time. I've been looking for so long for the flavor of my Grandma's rice pudding and here it was all that time in my cookbook. Thanks - I will definitely be making this one again and again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well...I'm 21 Y/o, I was raised in Ibiza, but born in england! I'll eat anything twice and love trying new and unusual things... things with a high "ick" factor tend to put me off, but on recomendation I will try them. You can contact me by e-mail or through MSN messanger using email@example.com (the 69's are because Ymmas by itself was already taken...dont be so dirty minded *LOL*)