Baked Potatoes Forever!
- Ready In:
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed and well-dried
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (Don't use vegetable oil spray...too much liquid)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce potatoes ONCE with a sharp knife.
- Over plate, pour oil into your very clean hands and rub the potatoes all over. Use oil that has dripped onto the plate.
- Place DIRECTLY onto the middle rack in oven.
- Bake about 45 minutes. Check to see if done with fork piercing.
- NOW COMES THE BEST PART -- you can top halved or split potatoes with ANYTHING -- forget the sour cream & chives or chili & cheese. Try a vegetable curry or succotash mix. How about a lima bean stew? Indian style chickpeas, eggplant & tomatoes?.
- Roast peppers with balsamic vinegar? And what about all the ways for beans -- baked beans, chickpeas with plain yogurt & lime juice, black beans with onions, mushroom & some tomato sauce?.
- Now, get going on that adventure and find your own way!
Join The Conversation
These were great! I was really being bad so decided to put bacon on top of the potatoes. Needless to say, since I had just made fresh bacon, I used the bacon drippings to coat the potato instead of canola oil (decadent I know!). They turned out great. Crunchy on the outside, steamy and creamy on the inside. Yum! Thanks for the great recipe!