Baked Orzo With Zucchini
- Ready In:
- 2 cups orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chunky marinara sauce
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly oil heatproof baking dish.
- Heat water in covered saucepan. When at a rapid boil, cook orzo until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium heat and sauté garlic, leeks and zucchini slices for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain orzo and place in baking dish. Stir in marinara sauce, salt and pepper and spice mix. Top with half the cheese.
- Arrange zucchini and leek slices on top of orzo, and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until mozzarella melts. During last 5 minutes, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I had to update this because we got married in January 2009! Yipee! We love to cook and love to try all kinds of new and exciting foods. I (Amanda) am a vegetarian and luckily found someone who has very diverse eating habits. We live in Winter Springs, Florida with our 2 dogs and 2 cats. We enjoy traveling, watching movies, reading, being active and spending time with friends. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap3/group09okra.jpg> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">