photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt & pepper
- 6 -8 ounces Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook macaroni according to package directions (do not overcook).
- In a large bowl, add milk, heavy cream & 1 cup sharp cheddar and all velcetta then combine all.
- Taste and add salt & pepper till it tastes good.
- Add in the eggs and combined.
- Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Add macaroni to the baking dish.
- Pour cheese mixture over macaroni.
- Top with 1 cup sharp cheddar.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes or until fully set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just the thing for a chilly wet day like today! I used the full amount of Velveeta (just happened to have an 8 oz chunk in the fridge, waiting for it's purpose in life), and I used the Mexican blend cheese too (no cheddar to be had). I didn't realize that I was out of elbow macaroni when I started making this, so the closest sub I had in the house was some whole wheat rotini, which worked just fine. DH and I were happy campers with our mac and cheese today (his lunch, my dinner). Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013