photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- Place 1/2 the rolls on a cookie sheet and forming a rectangle shape.
- Place 2 layers of cheese on top of the rectangle.
- Make a rectangle out of the remaining rolls and layer on top of the cheese.
- Seal the edges together.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with sliced granny smith apples.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
As soon as I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it--two of my son's favorite foods are crescent rolls and havarti. I try to keep crescent rolls on hand because they are so versatile for quick snacks and appetizers. Of course this combo was absolutely delicious! The apples added such a nice, tart contrast to the rich crescent-covered cheese. I brushed the dough with an egg wash prior to baking to give a nice golden sheen. Thanks for posting this wonderful quick and easy appetizer!
I wasn't sure what 20 slices of cheese equaled but I ended up using around 6 oz. I was tempted to slice some apple thinly and put inside the rolls with the cheese before baking but decided not to. But knowing that havarti goes well with dill, I sprinkled some dried dill on the cheese before sealing up with the top rolls. This was really yummy and pretty easy to make and will be made again, for sure (maybe will try different cheeses as well). Thanks for posting dojemi!