Baked Haddock & Potatoes
- Ready In:
- Cut the potatoes in thick slices (3mm approx.) and sprinkle with half the olive oil and salt.
- Cover a baking dish with the potatoes arranged in 2 layers.
- Add 1/4 glass of water and bake at 180°C while the rest of the recipe is being prepared (about 20 minutes).
- Put the rest of the olive oil into a frying-pan.
- Add the garlic and the red hot pepper (just a couple of slices per fillet will do, the recipe does not have to be too hot).
- Prepare a mixture with the rest of the water, the vinegar, salt and white pepper.
- When the garlic gets golden, add the mixture, and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt and olive oil.
- Put the haddock fillets on top of the potatoes and pour the mixture with the garlic over them.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until done (the colour changes to white).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This tasted sublime, surprisingly so for such a simple dish. Given the quantity of garlic (which I expected to overwhelm the fish), this had a much milder flavour than one would think with the vinegar,oil garlic and chilli in perfect balance. I changed nothing from the given recipe and have also used cod to great effect. The only thing that I may try is to reduce the olive oil quantity to 6 Tbs as I felt so guilty using the recipe's 8. A great dish when you're in a rush.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Madrid, Spain. I am the father of 2 kids, work as engineer, and I spend my spare time cooking, playing clarinet (at least learning) and enjoying jazz music. Have you ever tried to be in the kitchen preparing something with "I've got you under my skin", or "I got rythm" for instance as background music? I love surprising my guests with special dishes, and this site has been a great help for that.