I got this recipe from a Welcome Wagon Cookbook
- Ready In:
- 8 -10 slices bread, cubed with crusts removed
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Place cubed bread and cheese into a 9x13-inch greased pan.
- In bowl mix butter, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper; add beaten eggs and pour over bread and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- For variety, add bacon, sausage or extra cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was very good! In fact me and 3 of my kids and 1 of their teenage friends ate the whole thing! No leftovers! I made the recipe exactly as written, plus I added 6 slices of cooked & diced bacon to the top of the bread/cubed cheese layer. Also, I sprinkled some paprika over the top before baking. This is a new keeper in my family, and the kids have already bugged me 3 more times to make this for breakfast! Thank you for sharing this easy, versatile recipe, Bullwinkle!!! :)