Spanish Baked Eggs
A great breakfast for guests - serve with roasted tomato halves. No need for toast as the breadcrumbs provide the crunch. Cook and serve in a Spanish cazuela.
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 125 ml cheese, grated
- 60 ml breadcrumbs
- Melt butter and oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry onion and pepper until slightly brown then pour into the cazeula.
- Carefully break all 6 eggs on top of the vegetable layer.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the eggs.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees F, gasmark 4 for about 10 minutes, until eggs have set, but are not hard.
- (Oven temps and cooking vessels vary so keep an eye on it).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION