Baked Beans With Baked Bacon
This combines Recipe #187790 and Recipe #29709, with tweaks (like doubling the bacon). Made for July 4th party. It tastes so good, with a big wallop of flavor, I don't feel guilty about starting with Bush's Homestyle Baked Beans.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 lb applewood-smoked bacon
- 2 (28 ounce) cans brown sugar baked beans (Bush's Homestyle)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onions or 1 medium onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a half sheet with aluminum foil and put a cooling rack on top. Arrange slices in rows, with fat edges slightly overlapping lean edges.
- Bake 375 degrees without turning 20-25 minutes (depending on thickness) but remove from oven before it begins to crisp. If needed, cook more, 2 minutes at a time.
- Remove bacon to double layer of paper towel and blot excess grease.
- Lay bacon on cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces before completely cool. (I cut across the entire pile of bacon with one slice.).
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Mix the Baked Beans ingredients in a 3-quart casserole dish or half buffet tray. Add the cut-up cooked bacon and mix a little.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool 1 hour before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION