- Ready In:
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or pepper jack cheese)
- In a bowl, combine eggs and cottage cheese; blend until almost smooth.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and butter; stir to combine.
- Stir in onion, chiles, and cheese.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8x8 inch pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly; cut into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are ultra yummy and OH-SO-Easy!!! I mixed mine in the blender and it worked wonderfully - and the bonus that it chopped up the cottage cheese, green chilies and the cheese. I was making appetizers, so I lined mini muffin tins with puff pastry circles and made mini-baja-bites, but I cooked the rest as directed and it didn't take long for it to disappear!!! I left out the green onion, as I didn't have any, and I used a monterey jack-cheddar blend. This recipe is a treat - ratherbeswimmin' thanks for sharing!!! Will DEFINITELY make again!!