Bahamian Baked Johnny Cake
photo by Sharlene C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 8mins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar together until combined.
- Add the flour, water, salt, and baking powder to the bowl. Combine.
- Add the milk slowly until the batter is sticky.
- Dust hands with flour. Transfer dough from bowl to greased 9x9 pan. Gently flatten the dough in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hr or until the edges of the johnny cake are browned. The johnny cake will not rise much. (Every stove is different so while it's baking, keep an eye for the golden edges).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm originally from San Diego, California but now retired and living the tranquilo life in Dominical, Costa Rica!