This is a simple recipe that will provide you with a dark, crunchy crust and soft fluffy interior.
- Ready In:
- In a stand mixer, add all ingredients together and mix on lowest speed for 3 minutes with a dough hook. Increase speed to medium and continue to mix for 4 minutes.
- Place dough in a bowl (floured to prevent the dough from sticking) covered with plastic wrap and allow to proof (preferably in a warmer area) for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a floured surface. Form a rectangular shape with the dough and then fold it once, turn it 90 degrees, fold it again, turn it 90 degrees again, and fold it a third time. Place it back in the floured bowl and cover for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 485 degrees and place a pan of water on the lower rack.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and repeat the instructions from the previous step. Return the dough to the bowl and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and split it in two pieces (about 400 g each). Roll the dough into the shape of a baguette and place on a sheet pan. With a knife, make one full length slit or several diagonal slits across the top of the dough to allow steam to escape.
- Place the two loaves in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan of water from the oven and let the bread continue to cook for another 15 minutes to allow the crust to brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven, slice, and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION