Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
photo by Chef Jeff S.
- Ready In:
- 8 -10 slices of a good smoked bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄8 ounces Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a nonstick skillet on medium heat for a few minutes. Add the oil, chopped vegetables and creole seasoning. Saute for a few minutes until just tender and onions are translucent. Remove from heat to let cool.
- Line a loaf pan with the bacon so the ends hang over the side of the pan.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- When the vegetables are cool enough to handle put in the mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients until well incorporated but not over mixed.
- Put meat mixture in the loaf pan, tamping down to compact and spread to the whole pan. Take the bacon ends and lay on top of the meat mixture. Your loaf should be entirely wrapped with bacon at this point.
- Cover loosely with foil and place in oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour remove the foil, increase the temperature to 425 and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Amateur cook and photographer. Love to dapple in both while on this journey to retirement with the wife. Love the one you're with. Laugh a lot. Live with brio.