Bacon, Horseradish, and Tomato Sandwiches
photo by Vicki in CT
- Ready In:
12 finger sandwiches
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 6 slices pumpernickel bread, thin slices, crusts removed
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced
- Saute bacon in small skillet until brown and crisp. Drain and cool on paper towels; crumble.
- Combine bacon, cream cheese, and horseradish in small mixing bowl; blend thoroughly with a fork.
- Spread mixture in a thin layer onto 6 slices of bread.
- Top 3 slices of bread with single slices of tomato; with other 3 slices of bread, make sandwich with cream cheese-side down. Press gently to adhere.
- Cut each sandwich into fourths lengthwise with a sharp knife-each sandwich makes 4 long finger sandwiches.
- Stack on a serving tray, cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate until serving time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, soooooooo good. I used the full 8 oz cream cheese about 1/2 lb bacon and added extra horseradish to mine. Then I spread on little cocktail bread. I love these and my sisters did too. We took them on our little vacation and had us a picnic. They are like a BLT with a little twist. Next time I think I may add a tiny amount of sour cream to thin them a bit to make it spread easier.
These are tasty treats. Used my abundance of fresh tomatoes whose flavor really came through on these sandwiches. Bacon and tomato with an added twist. Felt like the pumpernickel overwhelmed these somewhat, but the chef notes that other breads could be subbed. Personally, I think a ciabatta would really enhance this sandwich better. Thanks for the suggestion Ms. Jack in my recipe search forum. :)