Avocado Lime Rice With Grilled Shrimp
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 2 cups minute rice premium long grain white rice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, divided
- 20 peeled and de-veined frozen shrimp, thawed (U 16-20)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile mix avocado with lime juice, cumin and half the salt and half the cilantro or parsley. Stir into rice.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to high, grease grate well. Toss shrimp with oil, garlic, lime zest and remaining salt. Thread evenly onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill skewers, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until shrimp start to curl and turn pink.
- Serve rice with shrimp skewers. Garnish with remaining cilantro or parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!