Aunt Annie's Sugar Cookies
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg together.
- In a large bowl, fully cream margarine and sugar together.
- Add soured milk alternately with the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Form dough into a ball, wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Cut the dough into quarters and roll out one quarter at a time (it rolls and cuts the best if it is chilled, so keep the remaining sections in the refrigerator until you're ready to use them).
- I use a pastry mat to cut my dough out on. I have never had a problem with the dough being sticky, but you can lightly flour your work surface, if necessary (beware that it might change the flavor a bit if you over flour).
- Transfer the cut out cookies to an ungreased baking sheet. I like to sprinkle a little sugar on the tops of them before baking. My children like to put sprinkles on top first. Or, you can leave them plain and put icing on afterwards. We have too big a sweet tooth here to eat them plain.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 7-9 minutes. Do not brown!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have my masters in occupational therapy, but I'm currently a stay at home Mom with 3 kids -- all with varying dietary restrictions. I found recipezaar when looking for new dishes after my middle child was diagnosed with several food allergies. I've had lots of fun creating new recipes and altering others and coming up with lots of fun dishes to feed my family.