Astragalus Vegetable Soup (Detox Soup)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Wash the broccoli and cut into little florets.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut in half.
- Wash the tomato, remove the skin by scoring the skin with a knife and blanch the tomato with hot water and cold water. The skin should shrink from the fruit making it easy to remove. Cut the fruit into quarters.
- Bring the astragalus and water to boil. Lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes. Strain off the root and keep the broth then add the rest of the ingredients to the broth.
- Add the tomato and mushrooms and cook a further 15 minutes.
- Lastly, add the broccoli, turn up the heat and cook till broccoli is done.
- Add salt to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I bought the Astragalus at the Oriental store and used about 2 oz of the Astragalus. It is like dried sticks. I put them in a pot of filtered water and brought them to a boil then turned down the heat to simmer for several hours. Then I strained off the sticks and kept the broth. Then I added the vegies that are listed but I also included chopped celery. I really liked it. The broth is clear and the combination of flavors are delicious. Highly recommend it.