Asparagus With Hollandaise
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh asparagus
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lemon wedges or lemon slice
- To cook asparagus spears, heat 1 inch salted water to boiling in deep narrow pan or coffee pot.
- Place upright in pan and boil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until stalks are crisp-tender.
- For cooking pieces of asparagus, cook lower stalk cuts in 1 inch of boiling salted water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add tips, cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- To make the hollandaise sauce: Using a wooden spoon, stir 2 slightly beaten egg yokes and 3 tablespoons lemon juice in a one quart saucepan.
- Stir vigorously.
- Add the butter or margarine and heat over very low heat, stirring constantly until butter is melted and sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour Hollandaise Sauce over top of cooked Asparagus and garnish with lemon wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation