- Ready In:
8 1/4 cup servings
- 3⁄4 lb fresh asparagus, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup packed fresh parsley sprig
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- additional sunflower seeds (optional)
- assorted fresh vegetables, crackers and or toasted French baguette
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 inches of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place in a food processor; add the parsley, sunflower kernels, lemon juice, orange juice, oil, syrup, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Cover and process until desired consistency.
- Transfer to a small bowl; sprinkle with additional sunflower kernels if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled with the dippers of your choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!