- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups baby greens
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked egg white, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cook fresh asparagus spears in small amount of boiling water till crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse in cold water, and drain again.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, sugar, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place asparagus in shallow dish and pour vinegar mixture over it. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove asparagus, reserving the liquid. On large plate layer baby greens, asparagus, green onions, egg whites, and parsley. Drizzle with reserved vinegar mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious. I didn't have roasted pepper so used fresh and the crunch of it was nice. Since I had oatmeal for brekkie and plan a vegetarian dinner I figured that I could afford a whole egg, lol. I had to use baby spinach for the bed but it all came together beautifully and made a very enjoyable lunch.
Boy, did we all on the farm ever enjoy this salad! I picked (about 1 lb) of fresh asparagus yesterday morning, and followed the recipe exactly, except for making 1/2 recipe. I did add some salt & pepper to the end result & mixed this beautiful asparagus with some fresh lettuce leaves. I might even use the whole egg next time. This is a fabulous taste sensation for this wonderful, healthful vegetable. :) Made for Everyday is a Holiday! May 2009