photo by Katia Losignore
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250 ml milk
- 30 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- Wash the asparagus and cut the hard stem.
- Slice cut the asparagus but save six ends.
- Blend the asparagus slices to get a green cream.
- Prepare a Béchamel sauce, put in a pan the milk (pre-heat), butter and a tablespoon of white flour and cook at low flame until you get a light condensed white cream.
- Add to the béchamel sauce the asparagus blend we obtained before and add the egg yolk, salt and pepper.
- Buttering and flouring the pudding molds (better aluminum made) then, add the asparagus cream.
- Cover the pudding molds with aluminum foil.
- Take a ceramic casserole and fill with water and dunk the pudding molds inside. The water level need to be at half of the pudding molds.
- Baking at 180°C (oven pre-heated) for 30 minutes.
- Then remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes to roast the surface of each flan.
- Take out the molds and when they're cooled remove the mold and decorate with the asparagus ends.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!