Asparagus and Tomato Skillet
- Ready In:
- 3 slices bacon, fried, drained and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Saute onion in bacon drippings until tender.
- Add bacon vinegar water sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add asparagus. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into eight wedges. Add to skillet and cook, covered for 3 to 5 minutes.
Join The Conversation