Asian Dumpling and Squash Soup
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (100 g) package shiitake whole mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Thai peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced and peeled
- 1 (900 ml) package pc ramen broth
- 8 frozen chicken, and vegetable potstickers
- 1 cup frozen diced butternut squash
- 2 cups lightly packed Baby Spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallots, garlic, pepper and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened; 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add frozen dumplings and frozen squash. Cook, stirring occasionally until dumplings and squash are tender; about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted; about 1 minute. Discard pepper.
- 3. Divide among serving bowls. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds, dividing evenly.
- Chef’s tip: Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until light golden and fragrant; 2 to 3 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!