Asian Chicken Salad
Soy sauce, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce give the chicken breast a zesty flavor. Can be served as a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce as a salad. Sometimes i substitute hot chili oil for the hot pepper sauce to really give it some spice. Comes from my Phoenix Women's League Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce (more if you like spicy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts (cooked and chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (lightly toasted & chopped)
- Whisk together, mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy,sesame oil and pepper sauce.
- Add chicken, green onions and walnuts and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss in dressing and serve on a bed of lettuce or on a hearty bread as a sandwich.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Mixed this up late last evening for lunch time today. Oh, this really is quite lovely, and I halved the recipe. The only change was to reduce the sesame oil down to the end of the bottle, (so maybe I got about less then a 1/4 tsp.) but this small change did not change this overall product. I loved the hot sauce, (I added 3 drops) and mixed the sauce separately adding the chicken in at the last minute. Served atop of wonderful carbonna bread slice and was dreamy. Will make again and often too! Thank you Bakinbaby! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* March 2009