Arroz Central Cafe (Central Cafe Rice)
photo by ncmysteryshopper
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a medium saute pan, add olive oil.
- When oil is warm, add the rice, onion, pepper, and garlic.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until rice browns slightly.
- Pour in chicken stock, stir and pour into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I came to this site in March of 2004. It was then called Recipezaar. This site was the first on-line site that I ever joined. I first popped in 2003 while searching for a Peach Cobbler Recipe. In March of 2004, DH was having shoulder surgery and I was looking for a Split Pea Soup. Once again I found myself on Zaar as it came to be called. Over the years I hung out and learned from some of the best home cooks in the country, I posted over 700 recipes on the site, reviewed over 3500 recipes and posted over 3000 food photos. Over the next 10 years the site made many changes and in 2010 it was sold to to Food Network and became Food.com. Until last year we played games, talked and shared with one another. As a result of the community and the relationships I built I got to meet some wonderful people from all over the country. I also have a great number of friends that I have never meet face to face. Some of us still hang out at various places across the net. Zaar was more than a cooking community. It was an internet community of friendship. Life is an adventure ever changing.