Apricot Upside-Down Cake
photo by Clever Cooking
- Ready In:
1 9 X 13" cake
- 30 apricot halves (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in saucepan.
- Pour butter into lightly greased 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- Add brown sugar to the melted butter and spread evenly in bottom of the pan.
- Place apricot halves in bottom of pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add softened butter, milk and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat 2 more minutes.
- Pour cake batter over apricots and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- When cake is cool, run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen cake from the sides.
- Invert cake onto a plate and Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!