- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
8 ounce jars
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tart green apples, peeled cored and finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped dried apricots
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan combine vinegar and apples. Add apricots, boiling water, onions, sugars, garlic, raisins and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Add mustard seeds, cinnamon, allspice black pepper, cloves, salt and cayenne. Boil gently stirring frequently until thick enough to mound on a spoon, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- Ladle chutney into jars, remove air bubbles, wipe rim and place lids and rings.
- Process 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love http://peoplestring.com/?u=sshupe I get paid to read snail mail and email. It is an awesome free portal where you get paid for what you are already doing on the web. I live in Utah with my husband and son. They are my taste testers and are very happy that I love to cook. During the summer we camp and cook via dutch oven. My falls and springs are filled with canning. When I am actually working I do medical coding from home so I can take care of my son. One thing I appreciate about Zaar is it keeps me from saying. <a href="http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/wahm_coder/?action=view¤t=dinner.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/wahm_coder/dinner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/BBB2b3small-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"width=100%> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee177/pelysma/ssb08banner_300.jpg">