- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 8 cooking apples (I use Spy)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel, core& thinly slice apples.
- Toss with orange rind& allspice.
- In a 9 inch round cake pan, place apples in thin even layers with round side of slices against edge of pan, then fill in the middle& any gaps.
- Sprinkle with sugar& raisins and dot with butter as you go.
- Apples should come about 1 inch above the rim of the pan but will shrink as they cook.
- Cover with foil& place on a baking sheet in a preheated 250F oven.
- Bake for 5 hours.
- Turn off oven& let cool.
- Remove from oven& invert onto a plate with a slight rim to catch any juices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">