Light Apple Cobbler
This so so good and the way I make it with no sugar it is good for you. Enjoy and let me know what you think... Please
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute, plus
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- In a large bowl combine the sugar,cornstarch,cinnamon and nutmeg.Add apples and orange juice.Toss to coat.Tranfer to a 11x7x2 pan coated with non cook spray.
- For topping combine the flour,1/3 cup splenda,baking powder and salt.Cut in butter and mixture resembles crumbs.Stir in milk until moistened.
- Drop mounds on to apples and spread. Sprinkle remaining Splenda on top.
- Bake at 375.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good cobbler, the topping was especially good, I just used a sprinkle of salt; it turned out a lovely biscuit topping. When I make it again i will add another half cup of liquid, the 1/2 cup of orange juice was not enough to make it a nice juicey filling; but the flavour was wonderul. Thanks for posting.Reply
see 2 more