Apple Beef Stew
photo by mightyro_cooking4u
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- Brown beef in butter over medium heat.
- Add onions; cook until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with flour and salt.
- Gradually add water and apple juice.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place the bay leaf, allspice, and clove in a cheesecloth bag; add to pot.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours or until meat is almost tender.
- Add carrots and apples; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until meat, carrots, and apples are tender.
- Discard spice bag and thicken with additional flour if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an enthusiastic young chef who loves to experiment!! I love cooking because i have a multitude of food allergies including all nuts and some legumes, as well as celiac disease. Cooking allows me to enjoy the foods i love without worry! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/NewZealandFlax.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> How I rate recipes: 5 star - WOW! This recipe was really good and exceeded my expectations. I made no or little changes to the recipe and will definitely make it again. 4 star - A very good recipe. I quite enjoyed it, but had to make a few changes here and there. All in all, it met my expectations. I will probably make it again. 3 star - An ok recipe. I liked it a bit, but had to make major changes. It may have a good flavour, but the texture was off or something. Usually I don't make three star recipes again. 2 star - I didn't enjoy this recipe. The flavour and texture was WAY off and so were the directions. I will not make this recipe again. 1 star - I don't give one stars! I think they are too mean!