Apple Batter Pudding
photo by robd16
- Ready In:
- 4 apples, cored and sliced thickly (peel them if you like too)
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat or 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the batter
- 100 g plain flour (all purpose)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250 ml milk (can use half milk half water)
- 8 tablespoons golden syrup (approx)
- 0.5 (400 g) can evaporated milk (approx)
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425°F.
- Make the batter by sifting the flour into a bowl with the salt, make a well in the centre and add the beaten egg and half of the milk.
- Whisk for a minute or two until no lumps remain then stir in the rest of the milk.
- Put the cooking fat into an oven proof dish and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Working quickly, spread the apples evenly in the dish and pour over the batter mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until browned and well risen.
- Serve immediately with lashings of syrup and evaporated milk.
- Tip: Place the jar of syrup in a bowl of hot water and it should be easier to manage.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come from a family of food loves, in fact its the subject we talk about most! I've been trying to write a cookbook for years but always hit stumbling blocks or wanted to go in another direction. Its not as easy as it looks! I've decided to upload my all time favorite recipes onto this website. Trust me when I say that good recipes don't make it onto my page, only the truly great and AMAZINGLY TASTY or ingenious and unusual ones do. Most are tried and tested but some I just give the general idea for. You get the gist! I really appriciate your reviews and comments so If you've made or tasted one of my recipes then please leave me some feedback!