Apple and Cheddar Tuna Salad
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked (2 5 oz cans)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or 4 slices muenster cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 (8 inch) pita breads, halved
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stuff pita bread halves with tuna mixture and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We also had to leave out the dried cranberries, but really enjoyed this tuna salad. We will make this again. Try it, y'all!<br/>Follow-up: Made this again, this time with 7 ounces of tuna, Miracle Whip instead of mayo, golden raisins for the dried cranberries, 1/2 of a chopped Gala apple, and two thin slices of yellow onion. Yum, yum, yum all over again!
I had to leave out the cranberries, but even then this was a great form of tuna salad. Love the crunch and freshness from the apple, and walnuts. Add to that the great flavor from a fine cheddar and I could almost tune out the tuna (I KNOW that sounds weird to say given that this is a tuna recipe after all).
I love 'crunch' and this salad has lots of it and tons of flavour too. Who would have thought of putting these ingredients together. Amazing.....I wouldn't change a thing about it except maybe the pita bread. I'm not fan. I did try the foil packets and thought it was very easy. No difference in price either. Gotta love that! Thanks Bobtail for that suggestion. Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.