Appetizing Shrimp Scampi
These go Soooo quick, I sometimes double the recipe. 30 minutes is standing time.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 - 1 1⁄2 cup butter or 3/4-1 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (, or 1 Tbs. dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- Heat butter over low heat.
- Add olive oil, and next 5 ingredients.
- Cook about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add shrimp and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Serve on large platter with toothpicks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I liked this recipe. I would have liked to take a big bowl of it with some crusty bread and gone off into a corner to eat it all myself! The shrimp were swimming in the sauce so for next time, I would strain off the shrimp and keep the left over sauce in a separate container to be used as a dipping sauce, if someone wanted to do that.Reply
Simple prep and very tasty. I made as posted but next time I would reduce the salt to 1/8 teaspoon. Shrimp is an excellent source for vitamin D. Served ours with brown rice, carrots, and a salad. Thank you MizzNezz for sharing. Made for the first recipe for the 2 for 1: Leftovers event in Cooking Photos forum.Reply
see 15 more