Apache Tomale Cho
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups venison jerky (or beef)
- 1 cup diced onion
- The jerky should be pounded out on a metate into flakes and fried with the onions in an iron frying pan, using about 2 tablespoons of lard to fry.
- Pour the flour into a 1/2 quart pan, add the salt and then the water.
- Knead these ingredients together until able to handle without sticking to hands. You might need to add water or more flour to form round dough tortillas about 6 inches in diameter.
- Put 3 or 4 tablespoons of fried jerky and onions in the center of the tortilla.
- Pinch tortilla (dough) together forming a round dumpling.
- Put dumpling in a deep pan of bowling water for about 2 minutes, then take out.
- Its ready to eat while still warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am Oglala Sioux I am 5'4 123lbs I been cooking since I was a kid with my mother and grand mother...My name Otaktay is sioux it means (one who kills many) I would love to share my recipes with you:) have a great day:)