Anne Byrn's Oven-Baked Pork Tenderloin
photo by Truffle Lady-46
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (4 -5 lb) pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place honey, ketchup, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic powder in a small saucepan. Simmer about 5 minutes. Keep heat LOW. Remove from heat.
- Rinse pork and dry with paper towels. Place in a large roasting pan or 2 9x13 glass dishes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and additional garlic powder. Generously brush tops of meat with mustard.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes and then brush with honey glaze. Continue baking 2 hours, brushing every 15 minutes.
- Let meat rest 20 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Had to make 1/4 of the ingredients as I only roasted 1. I cook using a bbq thermometer that measures both the oven and meat temperatures so I don't have to time things and over/undercook. It sure has been a blessing. Anyway, I only had to cook it for 45 minutes to reach 160 which only allowed for 3 rounds of basting. Didn't look as pretty as the picture so I let the meat rest for a little bit. Turned the oven to broil and let it cook right under the flame for about 5 minutes. Now it looks like the pic! Tasted great, the leftovers may have even been a bit tastier. Definitely a keeper.