Angelina's Restaurant Crab Cakes - Maryland
photo by Galley Wench
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lump crabmeat (picked over)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄3 cup milk, approximately (whole or 1/2 & 1/2)
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon flour, sifted for dusting
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or butter for frying)
- cooking spray
- Put crab meat in a large bowl and cover with bread crumbs and moisten with milk.
- Combine beaten egg with the mayonnaise in a separate bowl. Add baking powder, parsley, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over crab/crumb/milk mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Dust cakes lightly with flour.
- After one hour, form crab into cakes, not over mixing or over forming. Put each crab cake on wax-paper - (putting wax paper on top too) and let sit until ready to fry up. Let sit again, at least one hour, this makes the cake easier to hold together during the cooking process.
- Spray cooking spray on bottom of pan, (either stainless steel, or non-stick),.
- Heat butter or oil until hot. (Shimmering) Fry crab cakes approximately 4 minutes per side, carefully, flipping over and frying for another 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Drain on paper towel and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I live in Corpus Christi, Tx. My house backs on a salt water canal and I catch crabs almost every day. I've been looking for the perfect crab cake recipe and this is IT! Only suggestions is I found adding 3 green onions & 1/4 cup red sweet pepper chopped fine adds to the recipe.. I also coated each crab cake with crab boil seasoning and fried in real butter. PERFECTION !!! My search is now over thanks to Agnelina's Restaurant for sharing this recipe.
These were soooo good! The only thing I did differently was add some diced red pepper and onion. Also added a couple tablespoons of breadcrumbs to the flour before dusting the cakes! Serviced with the sauce from Recipe #320108. Thanks Andi for the recipe! Sorry for the delay, made before we left for Mexico but forgot all about reviewing them until I downloaded photos!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been a member of food.com (Recipezaar) since January 2007. . I love to photograph food and have reviewed almost 1500 recipes. I used to be a forum host here for many years, but now - all that has gone away. Memories are all that exist. I hope you enjoy any one of my recipes and make it your own. Thanks for visiting my page.