Baltimore Crab Cakes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Phillips seafood restaurant, in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, serves some of the best crab cakes I have ever had. Here is a copycat recipe for this traditional Maryland delicacy
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces crabmeat, shell pieces removed (backfin recommended)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or 2 tsp. Worcestershire for Chicken)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground mustard seeds or 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or other crab or seafood seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- lemon wedges or lemon slice, to garnish
- Whisk together all ingredients except crab meat.
- Fold in crab meat.
- Divide mixture into 4 parts and shape into cakes approximately 3/4” thick.
- Pan fry the cakes in a little peanut oil or canola oil.
- Serve hot, garnished with lemon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 12 more