Angel Food Cream Delight
This is an old standby for me and I'm planning to make it again for Easter dessert. Angel food cake filled with vanilla pudding, crushed pineapple, strawberries, whipping cream and chopped pecans. Prep time will vary if you make your own cake - mine includes that time. From Soupcon I
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 angel food cake
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sliced strawberry
- 4 tablespoons rum
- pecan halves
- Cut off top of cake 1 inch down from top. Scooping carefully, make a tunnel in bottom part of cake, 1 inch from sides and bottom.
- Mix dry pudding mix and pineapple (including juice) and let stand.
- Whip 1 cup of cream, add nuts, sliced berries and pineapple mixture, folding completely.
- Sprinkle rum around inside cake tunnel and cake top,.
- Fill tunnel with cream mixture and replace top on cake, pressing gently to seal.
- Whip remaning cream and add remainder of filling that didn't fit into the cake. (Hopefully you have some left!)
- Frost cake and decorate with whole berries and pecans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have to be honest, right up front: I bought an angel food cake to use for this recipe. Not heating up the kitchen made it totally worth it! That said, I followed the recipe, as written, and the resulting cake/dessert was FAB! It is a little time intensive, but using the already baked cake, made the workload a bit less. I also 'prettied' mine up with extra strawberries, as it was made for our Easter dessert! I know there is a similar one out there, using cool whip; let me say, just make this with whipping cream...it is sooooo worth it! Thanks for sharing, keeney!Reply