America's Best Potato Salad
photo by Jeff Cheffro White
- Ready In:
- 6 russet potatoes
- 10 small new potatoes
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 large diced red onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups duke's mayonnaise
- oil, for frying potato
- 10 slices bacon (thick slices)
- Partially cook new potatoes just until barely tender. Then smash them to about 1/2 thick.
- Partially cook russet potatoes, then slice three lengthwise and scrape out the center to form a “boat.” Reserve contents for later.
- Roughly chop other three russets.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees and fry the russets to golden brown.
- Fry the smashed new potatoes then break them into small pieces.
- Cook bacon on a sheet pan in 350 degree oven. Then crumble into bits.
- Dice: red and green onions.
- Combine: dill, mayo, bacon, red onion, green onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl, mix thoroughly.
- All potatoes to cool to room temperature then combine new potatoes and contents from three russets to mayo mixture.
- Spoon contents in russet boats and then garnish with green onion and bacon bits.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love learning about the various cuisines of the world.