photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained
- 1⁄2 cup scallion
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Shape meatballs, and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Transfer the meatballs to serving dish and keep warm.
- Combine the sauce ingredientts in a small saucepan, and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Place over medium heat, and cook and stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and cook and stir for another minute, or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, toss to mix and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a light and refreshing dish. I made it exacty as stated only instead of making meatballs with it, I patted it down in a loaf pan and made it a meatloaf. After baking it about a hour and 15 minutes, I sliced it on a platter and drizzled the sauce over it. Then I served the remaining sauce in a bowl for those who wanted more. Thank you bratty1, I have added this to my collection.
I made these to take to my husband's office party. I liked that is was low fat because everyone there is watching their weight. I used regular chicken broth and soy sauce because I gotta have my salt. These were very good appetizer meatballs. They had a great sweet and sour taste and were easy to put together. Thanks bratty 1.
Out of this world Bratty! I am not much of a sweet and sour person but these meatballs are outstanding!! I highly recommend everyone to make these delicious meatballs. I used ground turkey. YUM! I know I will be making these often. They really were simple to make and didn't take long to bake even. Its a keeper! Thanks for sharing Bratty!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Happily married and living in Missouri with my husband and a dachshund we call Bruiser. Love to cook, and especially love to entertain for our friends. I love to grill, no matter the weather, or the season...everything just tastes better on the grill IMHO.